Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from a magazine, I think it was Light and Tasty, but not sure...Hearty soup filled with meat, veggies and cheese, but lighter on the fat and calories.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces reduced-fat processed cheese (Velveeta)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is not longer pink; drain.
- Add the potatoes, broth, carrots, celery, salt, basil, parsley and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; add the cheese.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.