Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cheap, easy, pantry soup. quick and filling, pared with a loaf of bread, winter perfection
Make and share this Hearty , Cheap Pasta Fagioli recipe from Food.com.
- 2 slices bacon, chopped med
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced thin
- 2 stalks celery
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces small shell pasta
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- black pepper, to taste
- 1. Cook the bacon in a large dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. About 8 minutes. Stir in the onion, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste , beans, broth, water, and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- 2. Cook pasta separate, unless you plan on eating the whole pot in one shot or Stir in the pasta and cook until slightly underdone. Off heat, stir in the parsley, and pepper.