Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is made with a lot of vegetables along with hamburger that makes this soup a main course eaten with some whole grain bread.
- 1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups carrots, grated
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all together in a large Dutch oven or soup kettle.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for about one hour or until vegetables are tender.