Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love cabbage soup, and made it all the time but my recipe was pretty bland and came up with a new one. It tastes very hearty, even though it's pretty low calorie.
- Pour broth into large pot.
- Open all four cans of tomatoes and pour into pot. Do not drain.
- Chop cabbage into bite size pieces. Place in pot.
- Half or quarter mushrooms. Place in pot.
- Mince garlic. Add to pot.
- Add rosemary.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir often to ensure that all the cabbage cooks.
- Turn heat down and cook for 2 hours.
Surprisingly delicious. I used crushed tomatoes instead of diced, and I think it made for a nice, smooth texture. The rosemary is the real epiphany here. I actually forgot the onion but the soup was still very good.