Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been handed down to me by my mother. While I'm not sure of the background or origins of the recipe, it is a great meal for those rainy, cold, and dreary days. My favorite side dish is a nice glass of milk and some saltines to go along with it.
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 slice onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes or 6 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups milk
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- Brown one slice of onion in 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bring 6 cups of water and 6 chicken boullion cubes to a boil.
- Boil until boullion is dissovled.
- Add 8 ounces wide egg noodles and 1 tsp salt, boil for 3 minutes.
- Add 20 ounces frozen chopped brocolli (or 1 pound fresh chopped brocolli).
- Boil for 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add 1/8 tsp garlic salt, 6 cups of milk, and one pound of Velveeta cheese.
- Cook until cheese melts.
This was an excellent recipe! It was my first time making soup, and it turned out well. The only thing was that it was a little too salty. Next time, I wont add the teaspoon of salt. Thanks!