- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, miced
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules or 2 teaspoons vegetable stock powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup swiss cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes, onion, carrots, celery and water in soup pot and cook five minutes. Add broccoli and cook 5-10 minutes more.
- Add 3 cups milk, broth powder, Worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper and heat to boil.
- Blend 1 cup milk and flour together in a small bowl. stir into the soup and cook until just thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Note: Broccoli can be replaced with cauliflower.