Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been trying to eat healthier by incorporating lots more veggies into my diet in place of other higher fat foods I normally eat. The vibrant colors of the spinach and yellow bell pepper in this mean I am getting much needed vitamins that are not found in animal products. And the black beans add an extra bit of protein in place of the bacon or sausage I would normally eat with eggs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1⁄4 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup black beans, canned (or previously cooked dry beans)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- garlic powder
- Mrs Dash's extra spicy seasoning
- Heat a skillet over med-high heat and add one tbsp olive oil (or one turn around the pan).
- Add spinach, peppers, and beans. Saute until spinach is wilted and moisture in the pan begins to dry up.
- Sprinkle on garlic powder and Mrs Dash seasoning to taste and pour eggs over top.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are done. Enjoy!
OMG! This was shockingly phenomenal! The only change that I made was incorporating 1/2 of the spinach amount and instead of the spicy seasoning, I added hot sauce. Some of my co-workers tried the scramble I made during lunch, and they LOVED it...I brought too much of it for lunch and was unable to finish 1 serving of it, so one of my co-workers happily finished it. This one is definitely a winner. I will be making this again. Thank you for posting this recipe.