Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This makes a filling breakfast for 2. To save cooking time, prepare the potatoes the day before, cover, and refrigerate.
Top Review by Jeanniedbc
Fantastic! It's a great thing to keep on hand to make breakfast burritos, too. (Just sprinkle on a little shredded cheddar and salsa.) I like to use frozen diced potatoes for extra convenience.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 medium boiling potatoes, cooked, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (4 ounce) packagessliced smoked ham, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Cook until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Add ham. Cook 3 minutes, tossing gently. Reduce heat to low.
- Beat eggs with milk. Pour eggs over potato mixture. Turn hash with spatula until egg is well incorporated and cooked through, 3-4 minutes. Garnish hash with parsley.