Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was a featured dish on the morning show in Louisville. It's similar to the other two recipes posted here, but they use Velveeta, as this one doesn't. People from the country love breakfast food at any meal, so never fear about serving this for dinner and heating up the leftovers the morning after for breakfast.
- Boil the potatoes until tender but still firm, 12 to 15 minutes; drain.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
- Cut into small chunks; set aside.
- Place potatoes into skillet, and cook on medium heat until browned.
- Flip potatoes occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in green pepper, red pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
- Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in cooked bacon, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with shredded cheese, and turn mixture until cheese is melted.
- Keep on low heat while cooking eggs.
- Cook eggs to your preferred style.
- Place potatoes in a large serving dish, and top with eggs.
This was wonderful. We had it for brunch today & everyone loved it. Served with scrambled eggs it made for a great meal. Will definitely have this again.
For my family, we love this recipe with our eggs scrambled!!! Great recipe and as Amy stated in her intro....it is great any time of the day!!!