- 3 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big bowl, mix together peas, ham, tomatoes, onions, and carrot; set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a krudit jar with tight fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.