Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Needs to chill for 2 hours.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a big bowl, mix together peas, ham, tomatoes, onions, and carrot; set aside.
- Add dressing ingredients to a krudit jar with tight fitting lid; shake well.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
This is definately a nice "take-along" salad, and I don't mind having leftovers. Also works as a simple lunch.
This is Fantastic! I didn't use ham (didn't have any) and used fresh oregano & basil. Great to throw together for a quick lunch.
I thoroughly enjoyed this salad. The dressing is fantastic - a perfect blend of flavours. I used crisply fried bacon instead of ham, and no green onions. I added a little celery and a little extra sugar, as Carole suggested. I left out the hot pepper sauce, and used vegetable oil instead of olive oil. Thank-you for sharing this unique and truly delicious recipe!