Prep 10 mins
Cook 21 mins
Quick and easy. Goes nice with some warm flour tortillas.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked drained black beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (parsley ok)
- In a large pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Stir in oregano, thyme, cumin, and cayenne; cook 1 minute.
- Puree 1/2 of the black beans in a blender.
- Add puree, remaining beans, and broth to pan.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
quick, easy, delicious and low fat! perfect
Lovely recipe I added some red pepper and put a dollop of cottage cheese in the soup bowl. Love the cilantro. I didn't puree half of the beans . Thanks Sue for a lovely lunch
Quick, easy and nicely seasoned. This is one of those recipes that I can make anytime cecause I always have the ongredients. I made this just as written, using the chopped cilantro garnish. You can't go wrong with this easy and healthy soup. Thanx!