Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I'm not really sure what makes a chowder a chowder, but this is thicker than soup and not as thick as stew.... so I'm calling it a chowder. Throw it all together and 8 hours later, it's done!
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 425.24 g can black beans, do not rinse, drain
- 425.24 g can diced tomatoes
- 236.59 ml frozen corn
- 396.89 g can fat-free refried beans (the hot ones if you like spicy)
- 236.59 ml fat free chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian's)
- 44.37 ml taco seasoning
- 2.46-4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 88.74 ml nonfat sour cream (optional)
- Combine everything EXCEPT cilantro and sour cream in crock-pot.
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours. I like to turn crock-pot to high the last 20-30 minutes to allow soup to thicken.
- If using, top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
Thank you for sharing this easy and tasty recipe--I am sure I will make it again.
I made this on my stove and it turned out delicious! Will be making again!
Great dish! I added some minced garlic and chopped jalapeno pepper. It was very enjoyable. We also tried the leftovers over some leftover rice, and that was a great combo too. Thanks for sharing!