Recipe by RagittyAndi
I'm famous for this soup. I've been making it since I was 15 years old... It's really versatile, You can change it however you want (I tend to use more beer) and it always tastes great! Great to dip with buttered bread. I got the original recipe from a 1990 Herberger's cookbook.
Top Review by Gruenes
Excellent soup!!! I was given this recipe by my mother-in-law. I made it for family and everyone liked it a lot. I thought it was a little thick, but that can be solved by just adding a little more water. Thanks for sharing!!!
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes (or 3 cups stock or broth and omit water)
- 3 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed raw potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (can substitute any kind of "Cream of" soup)
- 1 lb cubed Velveeta cheese (or any kind of similar processed American cheese)
- 2 pinches dried parsley (and any other seasonings you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook, covered, the bouillon cubes, water, beer, celery and onion for about 20 minutes.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Cook until tender.
- Add cream of chicken soup and cheese. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Chopped cooked ham or crumbled bacon can be added. (Most people prefer the bacon!).
- Freezes well.