Top Review by ElaineAnn
My little Rita hits the spot again! This was so good I can't wait to reheat the leftovers. I'm afraid I left the cayenne pepper out. I'm a little afraid of too much heat, but it was seasoned perfectly for me. I'll be making this again in my OAMC sessions to stock up my freezer. Made and enjoyed for PAC Spring 09.
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1 can tomato sauce (Italian)
- 8 cups water
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 lb frozen corn, Peas, Carrots
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 tablespoon pepper, Freshly Ground
- 2 teaspoons red cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 8 cups of water, 1 14 oz can of Italian tomato sauce, 2 medium sized onions (chopped), 1 pound of mixed frozen vegetables into a pot.
- Add the seasoning and olive oil, heat on high for 30 minutes.
- Brown the beef in a frying pan, transfer the beef to the soup mixture using a slotted spoon to leave the fat in the frying pan.
- Turn the heat to medium, heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg noodles, turn the heat to low and heat another 20 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.