1 hr 5 mins
Barb in WNY's Note:
This was copied from a library cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb boneless beef roast
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 3 celery ribs, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 small turnips, peeled and chunked
- 1 small cabbage, cut in 6 wedges
- 6 slices French bread, cut thin
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Trim beef of fat, thinly slice, and saute in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until lightly seared.
- 2Place in a large soup pot along with stock, bay leaf, and thyme.
- 3Bring to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- 4Remove bay leaf.
- 5Pre-heat broiler.
- 6Ladle soup into 6 individual deep bowls.
- 7Top with French bread, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- 8Place under broiler to brown the cheese.
- 9Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (491 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 1048.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 19.1 g