Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
A hearty vegetable soup great for cooler weather A scratch recipe of my own creation. Makes great leftovers or to eat when ever - all day meal
- 2 lbs beef round steak (diced)
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrot (diced)
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup green beans (dice green beans) or 1 cup lima beans (dice green beans)
- 2 cups potatoes (diced)
- 1 cup lentils
- 8 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons sage (ground)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large stock pot on high heat, saut'e beef and onions in olive oil until beef is browned and onions are translucent.
- Add water and remaining ingredients.
- Let soup come to a medium boil then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Watch/ adjust heat until soup is just bubbling.
- Let soup simmer for 30 minutes stir and taste broth.
- Add additional spices as desired.
- Let soup simmer for an additional 60 minutes and check vegetable for doneness Reduce to low and keep warm until ready to serve.