Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Grab a glass of red wine and make this yummy meal when the weather turns cool; also a kid pleaser. I often double the recipe and freeze for a quick weekday meal. Add garlic, mushroom or sprinkle with cheese to taste. Serve with buttered noodles or white rice.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Combine flour,salt and pepper; coat meat.
- Melt 1/2 cup butter in frying pan: brown meat on both sides.
- Add garlic to taste, onion and mushrooms (more if you like); fry until onion is golden.
- Move meat and vegetables to one side (or keep warm in separate pan). To other side of pan blend together 4 TBS butter and 3 TBS flour,
- Add tomato paste and beef broth; mix well with meat and vegetables.
- Cook until thickened. Add sour cream and heat through; simmer but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
A good easy Stroganoff recipe. I didn't have beef stock so I used chicken and I omitted the garlic as I didn't have any.