Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
A yummy and very hearty stew--very easy to throw together on a busy night. Great for chilly nights.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 4 medium new potatoes, quartered
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of sliced celery
- 1 large onion, cut into eights
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package lipton noodles and sauce, beef flavor
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil; cook garlic over medium heat for 30 seconds. add beef and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently 2 minutes or until browned.
- Stir in water, wine, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery, onion, tomato paste, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil; simmer stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until beef is almost tender.
- Stir in noodles and beef flavor sauce; cook 10 minutes more. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.