Recipe by TGirl,RN
This hearty stew is sure to warm and satisfy on a cold winter's night.
Top Review by Dienia B.
i didnt add the carrots and potatoes last hour of cooking watch the liquid level thank you for posting i like to try different pot roasts than my 3 cause variety is the spice of life lol dee
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 2 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 red potatoes, cut in half
- 3 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 onions, cut in half
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven, place onions, bacon, and beef.
- Cook over medium-high heat until beef and bacon are browned.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients, cover, and bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 2-2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally, until beef is fork tender.