Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Got this from a Fix it and Forget it cookbook, this is the light version. I love to make this and some Italian Peasant Bread (I like Italian Peasant Bread for Bread Machine) to soak up the broth. Real easy to make, just chop your celery and onions and dump it all in the crockpot.
- 2 lbs lean stewing beef
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 4 onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 16 ounces string beans, undrained
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Combine all ingrediants except parsley in cooker.
- Cook on high 6 hours. Stir in parsley just before serving.
This is a FANTASTIC recipe. I have been making this for years. The tomato sauce is creamy and thick. I serve it with Tomato bread. This is a frequently requested meal in my household.