Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
From Campbell's Kitchen
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed potatoes
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄4 cups swanson beef broth (Regular, Lower Sodium or Certified Organic)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Sprinkle beef with black pepper and coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
- Place potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with beef. Add 3 cups broth, Worcestershire, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours (HIGH 5 to 6 hrs.) or until beef is fork-tender. Remove bay leaf.
- Mix remaining flour and 1/4 cup broth. Add flour mixture and peas to cooker. Turn heat to HIGH. Cover and cook 15 minute or until slightly thickened.