Recipe by MollyLin
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
Top Review by Boomette
I used a leftover of diced tomatoes that I had in the fridge instead of tomato puree. I added 1 tsp of dried basil. I didn't use salt and pepper. This dish has a great taste. And it's so easy to do. Thanks MollyLin :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
- 1 3⁄4 cups penne pasta
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain the pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve the desired amount. Cool leftovers before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN PENNE BEEF: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a Dutch oven; heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese.