Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- Drain the pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve the desired amount. Cool leftovers before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- TO USE FROZEN PENNE BEEF: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a Dutch oven; heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
I used a leftover of diced tomatoes that I had in the fridge instead of tomato puree. I added 1 tsp of dried basil. I didn't use salt and pepper. This dish has a great taste. And it's so easy to do. Thanks MollyLin :) Made for New Kids on the Block tag game
Delightful dish! I loved the flavors and the use of the beef broth really gave it a different twist with the puree. I did add a bit more garlic and Italian seasoning after taste testing. It was a huge hit with all the family and I love how it really stretches a dollar for costs per serving. I spent about $8 for 6 servings - GREAT! Thanks for posting this new recipe!