1/2 Photos of Hearty Beef Penne
Found this recipe in Taste of Home Fall Freezer Meals. I have not tried it yet so the cook times are approximate. Freezer instructions are included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- 2Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil. Reduce and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add the spinach; cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
- 4Drain the pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 5Serve the desired amount. Cool leftovers before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 6TO USE FROZEN PENNE BEEF: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Place in a Dutch oven; heat through. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef Penne
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.3
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 121.3 mg
- Sodium 1010.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: