Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My DD 10 loves this, and when she has friends over for sleepovers this is what they ask to have for tea. Very little mess and the kids can help make it too. :) this would be nice with taco seasoning. I sometimes toped it with tzatziki dip, very nice. You can cook the meat in the morning and finished off in oven that night. I use Wholemael - lit lebanese bread and cut each round into 8 (I use scissors to do this).
- 3 lebanese flat bread (3 rounds)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400 g beef mince, extra trim
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup red kidney beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 160°c fan-forced+. Cut bread into triangles. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake in batches for 6 minutes or until crisp. Increase oven temperature to 180°c.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 2 minutes. Add meat and cook until browned. Add chili powder and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, tomato paste, water and beans to the pan. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Arrange triangles in 6 heatproof dishes. Spoon meat into the center. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. top with sour cream and serve immediately.
- Making this today? Don't forget to rate the recipe! Load BigOven, or visit www.bigoven.com, and enter the BigOven ID: 163865. Ratings help connect everyone with great recipes faster!