1/1 Photo of Hearty Beef Nanchos
My DD 10 loves this, and when she has friends over for sleepovers this is what they ask to have for tea. Very little mess and the kids can help make it too. :) this would be nice with taco seasoning. I sometimes toped it with tzatziki dip, very nice. You can cook the meat in the morning and finished off in oven that night. I use Wholemael - lit lebanese bread and cut each round into 8 (I use scissors to do this).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lebanese flat bread (3 rounds)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 400 g beef mince, extra trim
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup red kidney beans, drained
- 3/4 cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 160°c fan-forced+. Cut bread into triangles. Lightly spray with olive oil. Bake in batches for 6 minutes or until crisp. Increase oven temperature to 180°c.
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 2 minutes. Add meat and cook until browned. Add chili powder and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, zucchini, carrot, tomato paste, water and beans to the pan. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Arrange triangles in 6 heatproof dishes. Spoon meat into the center. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. top with sour cream and serve immediately.
- 4Making this today? Don't forget to rate the recipe! Load BigOven, or visit www.bigoven.com, and enter the BigOven ID: 163865. Ratings help connect everyone with great recipes faster!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef Nanchos
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.9
- Calories from Fat 305
- Total Fat 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 103.6 mg
- Sodium 387.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: