1/2 Photos of Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup With Mushrooms
Quick cooking in the pressure cooker, but will taste like you cooked it all day. If you don't have a pressure cooker, do it stove top and cook until you think it's done!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 -4 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 lbs boneless beef stew meat, any cut, trimmed and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker mix together onion, carrots, garlic, celery, parsley, potatoes, beef, and tomatoes with their liquid and broth.
- 2Close lid and lock.
- 3Place over high heat and bring to high pressure (about 15 minutes, depending upon altitude). Adjust heat to maintain high pressure and cook 20 minutes.
- 4Reduce pressure with quick release method by placing cooker in sink under cold running water.
- 5Remove lid after pressure dissipates, tilting lid away from you to avoid a steam burn.
- 6Stir in beer, Swiss chard, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- 7Return to pot and bring to a simmer, covered (no pressure) over medium heat for approx 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef and Vegetable Soup With Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1051.0
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 237.1 mg
- Sodium 1867.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 71.8 g