Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy - under 30 minutes. From the recipe book included with my new electric StepSavor Skillet/Griddle.
- 1 (6 2/3 ounce) package beef flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat skillet to 325°F
- Place butter into skillet to melt.
- Add dry rice mix (Rice-A-Roni) into skillet and sauté until vermicelli is golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and celery.
- Cook, stirring occassionally, until beef is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to 275°F.
- Add water and rice seasoning packet.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir.
- Sprinkle cheese over the entire mixture and continue cooking until cheese has melted, about 1 minute.
This is a great fast meal when you dont have much time. It sure is a kid pleaser! Thank you 4Susan