1/2 Photos of Hearty Beef and Barley Stew
8 hrs 10 mins
I have made this recipe out of my crock pot book many times, "Rival Crock Pot, Slow cooker Favoites". My husband says it's his favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced (I use 1 lb. (or more)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup green peas, frozen
- 3/4 cup pearl barley, uncooked
- salt and pepper
- 1In crock pot layer carrots, mushrooms, and beef.
- 2Combine soup mix, broth, Worcestershire, tomatoes, water, and barley, pour over beef.
- 3Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- 4Stir in peas and cook, covered 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 5Season if desired with salt and pepper.
- 6I serve this with a crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Beef and Barley Stew
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 684.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless beef chuck steaks
Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix