- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick saucepan, brown beef until juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and garlic powder; cook until mushrooms are tender. Add broth, carrots, thyme and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in barley.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes or until barley is tender.