Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I could eat soup everyday when it's cold outside. I love it and this one rates right up there!
- 3 cups water
- 2 lbs fully cooked ham steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 (15 1/2 ounce) cansgreat great northern beans, undrained
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a 6 quart soup pot, combine all ingredients over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
I went right by the recipe and I'm truly very sorry to say that both dh and I found this soup "needing something". I added salt, garlic powder and Italian herbs to my bowl of finished soup and that helped some but we feel that it would benefit from seasonings being cooked into the soup from the start. The potato and other veggies were well cooked and tender.
Good soup. Put everything in the crockpot, added garlic and a can of diced tomatoes. Thanks.