Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This will take the chill off! It's got a ton of ingredients I like. I add extra broth, because rice is one thirsty hombre! Anything with rice or pasta (leftovers) always needs more liquid. See how it works for you. Recipe is for original broth amount. I add in extra when it's nearly time to serve.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 6 carrots, grated
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 6 large tomatoes, chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried navy beans
- 2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup raw rice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot or Dutch oven heat the oil with the spices. Add the vegetables and stir lightly.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, beans, 1 cup of corn, chicken, parsley and the basil, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 2 hours. Add the rice and cover and simmer for an additional hour. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining corn.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream.