Hearty Banana Oat Flapjacks
- In medium bowl, combine banana slices and sugar; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Top with four or five banana slices. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and, if desired, additional banana slices and nuts.