Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Oatmeal pancakes with bananas
Make and share this Hearty Banana Oat Flapjacks recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats (Quick or Old-Fashioned)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- banana, slices (to garnish) (optional)
- coarsely chopped walnuts (to garnish) (optional) or pecans (to garnish) (optional)
- In medium bowl, combine banana slices and sugar; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Heat griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Top with four or five banana slices. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and, if desired, additional banana slices and nuts.