Heather Knisley's Note:
Oatmeal pancakes with bananas
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled & sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats (Quick or Old-Fashioned)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- banana, slices (to garnish) (optional)
- coarsely chopped walnuts (to garnish) (optional) or pecans (to garnish) (optional)
- 1In medium bowl, combine banana slices and sugar; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- 2In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- 3In medium bowl, combine milk, egg and oil; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- 4Heat griddle over medium-high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F). Lightly grease griddle.
- 5For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Top with four or five banana slices. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- 6Serve with warm syrup and, if desired, additional banana slices and nuts.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearty Banana Oat Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.3
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 323.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 10.9 g