Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful soup that I found online. It is 2 WW points per cup. It does not taste diet at all. I halved the recipe because 20 cups seemed like too much for me. I left out the bamboo shoots as a preference. I also didn't have cilantro so left that out too and it was so good.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped garlic
- 48 ounces fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 10 1⁄2 ounces extra firm tofu, cut in 1/4-inch squares
- 1 (8 ounce) can straw mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked, uncooked, canned or fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach, trimmed and coursley chopped
- In large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Combine 1 cup of broth with corstarch until smooth.
- Add to the pot the cornstarch mixture, remaining broth, tofu, mushrooms, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened.
- Add frozen vegetables, shrimp and cilantro.
- Simmer until vegetables and shrimp are thawed (if using fresh shrimp simmer until opaque)- about 15 minutes.
- Stir in chopped spinach and simmer until just wilted.