Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
The sweetness of dried apples adds delightful flavor to this rye bread. It makes fabulous toast!
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 3⁄4 cup medium rye flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apple
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine in order suggested by manufacturer, adding the apple with the flours.
- If dough is too dry or stiff or to soft add more liquid or flour in 1 teaspoon increments, adding no more than 3 to 4 teaspoons liquid or flour.
- Recommended cycle; Whole wheat/whole grain or basic/white cycle, light or medium/normal color setting.
Made a wonderful loaf the first time made. Even firm texture. I added a TBSP of spiced cider in addition to the remainder of the ingredients as I made this during the Christmas and New Years holidays. ;] Mode: Whole wheat Size: (M)edium
delicious bread, looks perfect, and although i had to substitute ( i was out of dried apples but used a chopped dried fruit combo instead) it came out great. i liked mine with butter, and i can see how this would be awesome for french toast or bread pudding.