Recipe by Delish
These are a nice change from regular pancakes and are so filling and delicious. They're made with whole wheat and white flour, cornmeal, and oats. Delicious!
Top Review by So Cal Gal
These are wonderful pancakes!! The whole grains and buttermilk give them lots of great flavor and texture! Plus, they're nice and filling! I scaled the servings down to 8 pancakes; and used whole wheat pastry flour instead of the all-purpose and whole wheat flours. Then, just before serving, I topped them with pumpkin butter and pecans. They were sooooo good!! I've added a copy of this recipe to my collection of favorite pancake recipes--to be enjoyed again! Thanks so much for sharing it, Delish!! (Tagged, made, and reviewed for Healthy Choices ABC Game.)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups 1% fat buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat egg, buttermilk, and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top.
- Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or desired topping.