Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from The Best British Food from about 3 years ago. I swapped fresh for dry thyme and baby pot for a tin of new pots.
- 8 thick sausages
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 175 g small mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 25 g butter
- 500 g baby potatoes (I use a drained tin)
- 3⁄4 liter chicken stock
- dried thyme
- bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons beef gravy granules
- salt and pepper
- Fry onion and sausages in butter until browned.
- Remove from pan and drain on kitchen towel.
- Place in oven to keep warm.
- Put mushroom into pan and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add to oven leaving juices behind.
- Put pot, stock, thyme, and bay leaf in pan.
- Cover and bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut sausages in half and put back into pan along with mush and onions.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until pots are cooked (if using tin thats no time at all).
- Remove leaf and sprinkle in the gravy granules.
- Stir well; add salt and pepper.