Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and tasty salad from Bon Appetit. An impressive presentation if you quarter the leaves lengthwise.
- 12 ounces Roquefort cheese, crumbled (about 3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts, quartered lengthwise
- 4 ounces pecan halves, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Blend 6 ounces cheese, mayonnaise, and yogurt in processor.
- Add 1/4 cup water and hot pepper sauce; blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cover; chill. Whisk before using.).
- Arrange lettuce on large platter.
- Drizzle dressing over lettuce.
- Sprinkle with pecans and remaining cheese and serve.