Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Presented By: Belinda Ellis, White Lily Foods
Make and share this Hearts of Romaine With Blue Cheese Dijon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup hazelnut oil or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon pecans
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, trimmed,quartered lengthwise
- Mix vinegar and mustard in bowl.
- Gradually mix in oil.
- Add cheese and capers.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1/4 head romaine on each plate.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Spoon dressing over and serve.
This was so delicious. I left out the capers and pecans because I didn't have any. Served it on grilled romaine. I think capers would add a nice salty bite, but I'm not sure pecans would do anything to make it better. It's a really good non-creamy blue cheese dressing.
Blue cheese lovers take note...this is a great dressing. I made this as is but I forgot to add the pecans to the salad...didn't matter because the dressing was so delicious on it's own. I made this for myself, I'm the only blue cheese person in my house (lucky me!) I used Shropshire Bleu in this recipe. Thanks Danny for sharing this, I loved it :)