Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tasty, quick & easy partner to any meal!
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, quartered
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 scallions or 2 green onions, sliced
- shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Arrange romaine heart quarters on a platter.
- Layer sliced tomatoes over the centre& sprinkle with scallions.
- Combine dijon, garlic, lemon juice& vinegar in a small bowl.
- SLOWLY drizzle in olive oil, whisking CONSTANTLY.
- Season to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad& sprinkle with parmesan.
Great salad. Did a preview tasting last night as I will serve it New Year's Day. Very refreshing and it tasted healthy!! A nice addition to my salad collection.
Very delicious salad. Made a small version for myself for lunch. This is really versatile- I might add artichoke hearts next time. Thanks!
I topped this salad not with the cheese but with Octopus Meze recipe #59942. A big hit.I made a small 1-1/2 pound should have made 3 pounds. The dressing was good and complemented the octopus.Very easy and refreshing for a hot summer day.