Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is probably our favorite fall salad. Nice flavor and texture with Washington apples and pecans. From Bon Appetit.
- 295.73 ml vegetable oil
- 78.07 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 29.58 ml red onions, minced
- 8.62 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 gala apples, peeled, cored, 1/4-inch dice
- 5 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 177.44 ml pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Whisk first 8 ingredients in small bowl for dressing. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Refrigerate. Rewhisk before using.).
- Place sliced onion in medium bowl. Cover with cold water; let stand 30 minutes. Drain well. Place 1/3 cup dressing in another medium bowl. Add apples; toss to coat.
- Trim off tips of romaine halves, leaving 5-inch lengths. Cut each romaine half lengthwise into 3 wedges. Fan wedges on large platter. Top with red onion slices. Drizzle salad with dressing, then sprinkle with apples and pecans.