Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and refreshing.
- 3 heads boston lettuce (torn)
- 5 green onions (white part only-sliced)
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm (drained, sliced horizontally)
- 2 garlic (cloves,minced)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- lemon zest (from one lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- Combine lettuce, green onions & hearts of palm in a large bowl; mix well.
- Combine remaining ingredients, whisk until well mixed.
- Pour over salad, toss to coat.
This salad is amazingly flavorful for having so few ingredients. For personal tastes, I halved the lettuce and subsituted a shallot for the green onions and garlic (my stepdad is allergic). The dressing on this was just the perfect amount of creamy without being cloying. Made for ZWT7
Just loved the light lemony dressing!!! I used red lettuce, as the Boston Lettuce was not looking good, pretty brown, but otherwise followed as written for a scaled back recipe. I had never had hearts of palm and will say that it wasn't a favorite for me, couldn't get past the smell. Maybe rinsing them after draining would have worked better for me. But that aside, I loved the dressing with the greens and green onion!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Photo Tag Game.
The whole family enjoyed this light salad.The dressing was quite lemony and if you like lemon you will enjoy this. It had been awhile since I had heart of palms and just forgot how good they are. This was a nice change from other salads.