Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be served as a salad, used as a dip or spread on crackers. If served as a salad place on lettuce leaves with tomatoe slices on the side (serves 4 )
- 2 (14 ounce) cans hearts of palm, in brine,drained
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or as needed)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, white parts only
- salt and pepper
- Put your garlic in your food processor and process until smooth.
- Add hearts of palm process until they are like a rough puree.
- Slowly, in a thin drizzle, pour in oil (with the motor running) until the mixture has a fluffy, velvet consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Stir in the green onions just before serving.
- Serv e within a few hours of processing.
Wow! My first time trying hearts of palm, and I picked the best recipe! Delicious dip which kind of reminded me of mashed potatoes. I also used some to top a baked potato and it was fantastic. Bet this would be a great spread on a sandwich too. I halved the recipe and ended up using maybe a 1/4 cup oil. The garlic flavor is intense, so if you don't love it as much as I do, I'd recommend using a bit less and tasting first. It was just perfect for me. Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe, Bergy!