Recipe by GinnyP
From my mother-in-law...we LOVE this!
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
This was great! It was really easy to assemble, and the results were very tasty. I used low fat mayo and fresh parmesan. Served with a salad and some melba toast, this recipe made a really nice lunch. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain hearts of palm and chop finely.
- (One of those Zyliss (sp?) choppers come in handy here) Save 1 T green onion and 1 T parmesan for garnish.
- Mix hearts of palm with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread mixture into a medium-sized baking dish.
- Garnish with cheese and onion.
- Bake at 350F until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
- Pop under the broiler to brown.
- Serve with bread or crackers. (GF if necessary)