Recipe by Julesong
From the "Firstlight Food" section of Cooking Light (March 2005) comes this simple and delicious addition to your sandwiches!
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can giardiniera, drained and minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Minced or finely chop the hearts of palm and giardiniera.
- Combine minced hearts of palm, minced giardiniera, and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Use as a relish or spread in your sandwiches, or even as a dip with lavash crackers.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- Note: giardiniera is a mixture of pickled vegetables, commonly found in the pickle section of the grocery store; also, a bit of balsamic and crumbled feta are good additions to the relish, too!