Recipe by JanuaryBride
I found this recipe online posted on a blog by "Newlyweds". States that this recipe is adapted from the Plano Jr. League Cookbook. Sounds amazing!
Spicy Onion Dressing
- 1⁄4 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 16 ounces cooked crisp bacon, crumbled
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quarters roughly chopped (not marinated)
- 3 hearts romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bite sized
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the dressing by combining onion and vinegar in a blender and process until onion is pureed.
- Add the mustard, sugar, salt and pepper and blend till smooth.
- Add the vegetable oil gradually, processing constantly at high speed until thickened. Set aside.
- Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl and toss it with the dressing and serve.