Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe has been adapted from another cooking site. It was billed as the "South Beach Salad". I don't know if the changes I have made have changed that or not. It is delicious and made a wonderful and different salad to serve for guests.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #78* A REAL winner, Paula ! Can't understand how I have missed it in previous swaps ! Prepared double for 4th of July crab feast, sine 1 couple cannot tolerate dairy. I, too, went a tad heavy on the Dijon, and it was perfect. Leftovers tonight for DD and family, and they will love the "healthy" part as well as the tasty ! I will be serving this often this Summer. Thanks for posting !!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart, drained and quartered
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1 (6 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 8 -10 cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a covered jar and shake vigorously to mix.
- For the salad, combine the hearts of palm, peppers, artichoke hearts, and olives in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over and mix well; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, place the mixed greens on chilled salad plates, divide the heart of palm mixture evenly over the plates and arrange the hard-boiled egg slices and tomatoes over the top.