Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love hearts of palm and I loved this quick and easy recipe that I found in the Chicago Tribune. The great thing about hearts of palm is they have zero fat and cholesterol, they're low in sodium and rich in iron, phosphorous and potassium! Using light mayo keeps this salad lower in calories and fat.
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, drained
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard or 1⁄4 cup other grainy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Divide salad greens among 4 plates; divide hearts of palm pieces on top of the greens; set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until well-blended.
- Drizzle dressing to taste evenly over salad.
I love hearts of palm and this salad was great. The dressing is nicely flavored and I had plenty left over to use on other salads.