Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An exotic salad that is very healthy, and low calorie. Wonderful flavor, spruces up any meal
Make and share this Hearts of Palm Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1⁄3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup green peppers or 1⁄3 cup orange bell peppers or 1⁄3 cup yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth or 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- lettuce leaf, leaf lettuce works best
- Drain the hearts of palm and cut them into 3/4" pieces and place them in a bowl.
- Mix in the sweet peppers& parsley.
- In another bowl using a whisk, mix the lemon juice, mustard, broth, and olive oil, whisk until well blended.
- Drizzle the dressing over the palm mixture, toss, be gentle.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Place a lettuce leaf on salad plates (four) and place the hearts of palm mixture attractively on the lettuce, serve.
- (You can make this salad ahead of time and just do the final step before serving).
I had 3 hearts of palm in the fridge, so made this to serve one. I enjoyed the flavors! Thanks Bergy!
Easy, light, healthy and tasty. I couldn't find 16 oz cans of hearts of palm -- only 14.1 oz which is weird and no biggie but thought I'd mention that. The dressing for this salad is tasty and gives a nice flavor. I had half of a sad and lonely English cucumber that had no where to go so I chopped it up and added it to this salad and I must admit it does well in this. This is a great low cal snack with a satisfying crunch. Thanks!