An exotic salad that is very healthy, and low calorie. Wonderful flavor, spruces up any meal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hearts of palm
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green peppers or 1/3 cup orange bell peppers or 1/3 cup yellow sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth or 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- lettuce leaf, leaf lettuce works best
- 1Drain the hearts of palm and cut them into 3/4" pieces and place them in a bowl.
- 2Mix in the sweet peppers& parsley.
- 3In another bowl using a whisk, mix the lemon juice, mustard, broth, and olive oil, whisk until well blended.
- 4Drizzle the dressing over the palm mixture, toss, be gentle.
- 5Season with pepper to taste.
- 6Place a lettuce leaf on salad plates (four) and place the hearts of palm mixture attractively on the lettuce, serve.
- 7(You can make this salad ahead of time and just do the final step before serving).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hearts of Palm Salad
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 104.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1012.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g