Recipe by Bergy
This is a Costa Rican salad that I enjoy very much. Use fresh shaved Parmesan not prepared grated.
Top Review by malloryforseth
I live in Ecuador and my husband is the quality control manager at a factory that makes canned goods.....including hearts of palm. He started bringing home cans of the stuff a few months ago, but I had no idea what to do with it. I've tried a few recipes, but wasn't convinced that I liked "palmito" until I found this salad! I had it over mixed greens with a couple of hard boiled eggs---filling, tasty and really healthy! Thanks for this!
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained & rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (use white & green parts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (Use fresh cracked pepper)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped