This is a Costa Rican salad that I enjoy very much. Use fresh shaved Parmesan not prepared grated.
Make and share this Hearts of Palm Parmesan Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained & rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (use white & green parts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper (Use fresh cracked pepper)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly shaved
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Cut the hearts of palm into 1/2" wide pieces Combine all but the parmesan ingredients in a large bowl.
- toss and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes allowing the flavors to blend Serve with shavings of Parmesan on top of the salad.