This is a good, rich variation from the usual artichoke dip and has gotten rave reviews! Guests will have a hard time trying to figure out what's in the dip!
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and chopped small
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I like to add a whole head of roasted garlic)
- 1 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (use light mayo if you like)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a glass pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the hearts of palm, garlic, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onion, sour cream and mayonnaise. If you prefer, this can be pureed in a food processor.
- Spread into the greased pie plate.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, or until light brown and bubbly. Serve with crackers, pita chips, bread, tortilla chips, triscuits, etc.
Very rich, but good. Made for PRMR.