Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A variation on the one in "The Kosher Palette", this recipe goes well with a huge variety of dishes. Also works well for Passover if you delete the dry mustard and use a little onion powder instead.
- 2 (10 ounce) bags fresh spinach
- 15 ounces hearts of palm, drained (whole or chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄8 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Toss together the salad ingredients in a bowl: spinach, hearts of palm, tomatoes, avocados, s, nuts.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a cruet or jar; shake vigorously.
- Toss together and serve!
This salad was outstanding. Everyone loved it and my son had thirds. Made it just like it said, but forgot the almonds. It was lucious.